Mindful Parenting is Dr. Charlotte’s term for care-giving that promotes a close mutually respectful relationship between parents and children. Mindful Parents of infants ARE: Aware, Responsive, Engaged & begin Limit-Setting with toddlers at about 18 months.
When using Mindful Parenting, children are treated with:
- A high degree of compassion and affection
- Clear limit setting
- Expectations of self-control and compliance
Parents promote empathy by responding to children’s feelings, offering reasonable choices, and exercising firm parental limit-setting without inflicting pain or suffering.
Mindful Parenting offers :
- Global Practices that promote and inhibit close Parent-Infant Attachment
- Descriptions of ways to Validate Children’s Feelings
- The critical difference between Punishment vs. Discipline
- Explanations of why and how to use Time-Ins rather than Time-Outs.